what type of underlay do i use to go on top of parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please help me. I have been searching the inetrnet for hours trying to find suitable underlay for my engineered wood. This will be laid on top of a 50 year old parquet floor in a victorian house. On the basis that the floor is completely flat and even please can someone help.

Ive made a few calls. Some people say to use a foam underlay as a floating floor. Others say fibre board is better as it has breathable properties and so there will be a reduced risk of the parquet sweating.

I found this soft board can someone have a look and tell me what they think

its called isoplaat is being produced in estonia

http://www.isoplaat.eu/?id=85

Sponsored Links
We would use Barrier - the one without a DPM - on any underfloor that consists of sheet material or original parquet.

The plate you've found sounds a bit OTT in your case to be honest

Ok thanks for that

Have you used this before over parquet? can you recall any problems you had with it at all.

I just want to be 100% certain that the parquet isnt going to bubble up under the engineered floor.

Im looking for barrier but i cant find one without DPM, do you know where i could get it from?

Sponsored Links
Nope, that one is too thin and will rupture quite easily.

The link in my last reply shows the barrier without DPM, the one with DPM is called Barrier Plus

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back