Vaillant Boiler making noise/ Expansion Vesssal ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i have a Vaillant Boiler the first problem was the escape valve was leaking this was replaced and now no water leaking outside.

From this a 2nd problem boiler is making noise. The heat exchanger has been cleaned and flushed out to clear debris and replaced. Boiler working fine however the last time this one done we had a problem with the pressure rising..... and then shutting down..

We was told the expansion vessal needs charging. i have located where this is but Iam not sure if it needs charging how do i check?????

i know u can use a footpump it says 10 psi on the it.... Does the boiler need to have no pressure in it when i pump air in ??

Please help

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your EV needs charging it'll be full of water - several litres. When you pump up the EV (to about 15psi) you'll need to leave the drain point open (the ones under the boiler are fine, don't use the pressure relief pipe though) to let those several litres out.
If water comes out of the air pumping point, your EV is bust and you'll have to do more...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back