Acrylic eggshell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ive got to paint a dental surgery, would you recommend using acrylic eggshell? is there much difference between brands is Leyland any good?

Thx

Sponsored Links
I would recommend it for any commercial sort of job. I like Glidden trade, which gives a nice even finish, but most trade versions - including Leyland - are good, and similarly priced.
You might want to use something like Johnstones anti-bacterial eggshell as it's a dental surgery - expensive though - about £50 for 5litres if I remember rightly! :eek:

just used the leyland on my own doors and frames. it covers ok, is reasonable pricewise but it starts drying very quickly!!! I used some floetrol and some water too but even with that it was hard keeping a wet edge- even when rolling out flush doors and then brushing through.
I did each face in 4 sections but even at that it was touch n drag at times.......

at least it'll stay white much longer than oil.....so worth the 3 coats in the long run ;-D

Sponsored Links
New question:

Dulux - Glidden - Leylands ... my impression is similar price and similar product? If anyone have strong preferences do let me know.

I am going to paint the walls of an entire 50 sqm flat white. I am roughly calculating 80 - 100 sqm worth of wall to be painted white. The condition of the walls is pretty good, but it is currently painted in quite lively colours so I am anticipating 3 to 5 coatings. At a stretch I might find myself painting up to 500 sqm in total.

Can anyone give me a link to the best priced bulk buy of white eggshell acrylic?
This must be a good buy?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dulux-Trade-D...-White-5L_W0QQitemZ230590625989QQcmdZViewItem

Is there any point int applying undercoating when the eggshell costs no more than the undercoating?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back