waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i am installing a new waste pipe to take 2 x toilets, 1 x bath, 1x shower, 2 x sinks, it will be connected into an existing indoor soil pipe, that has a breather, do i need to put another breather end cap on the new soil pipe, or can i use a solid end cap.
thanks
Geoff

Sponsored Links
If you running that lot into a single soil pipe then you’re going to have all sorts of problems with siphoning if you don’t vent the far end of it; that’s assuming your foul drain system already has at least one open vent! What you’re doing should also comply with Building Regs & I assume you’re aware that constructing a new room with a w/c is notifyable building work, subject to inspection, possible test & whole host of other Building Regs.

Thanks
yes have already got the planning permission, it is all part of an extension, the mortgage company changed the rules on how much we could borrow, so having to do the bathroom conversion myself, once again thanks. any useful tips greatly received.
Geoff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back