Sime Friendly balanced flue won't fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help..

Pilot is lit, pump runs constantly, won't fire for htg or hot water (flow switch makes OK)

Is this likely to be a PCB fault?

thanks in advance :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yep, and isolating then turning back on doesn't help.

Suspect pcb or gas valve, if anyone knows how I can prove either one I would be really grateful.

Unless there are any sensors on this model - I have no manual for it.

Does it sound as if the fan is running?

The Sime friendly is anything but friendly!

Where is the overheat stat?

Tony

there is no fan, tis BF. Agreed, Tony, would cheerfully boot the bleedin thing out the window, but not in a position to do so right now..

And yes, Worcester BFs have a pcb.. why, does this not? Worcesters are my area, this ain't. Cannot find an overheat stat except for the interruptor - doesn't appear to be anything else resettable on it.

Will assume for the sake of safety that the GV is 240v, off to check it..

I have never seen such an old Sime boiler!

The only BF combis that I can think of are the Vaillant, Worcester or Myson.

Are you gas qualified as it sounds as if this is not your own boiler.

To identify the fault standard diagnostic checks will be needed but some of those will be gas related which we cannot advise about on an open forum.

If you are gas registered then register for the engineer's secion of the forum, the Combustion Chamber where we are better able to help you.

Tony

Apologies.

It's not BF - it's fanned flue with a permanent pilot (hah - unless I have a passing gv to boot), like the old 9.24 electronic E.

It is my boiler.

No, fan does not run, and no power to fan either, but without a wiring diagram I can't tell if the APS in the right position or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back