Baxi boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I recently had my boiler serviced and the engineer stated that the flue was too high above the roof and was at risk of sustaining wind damage. So I contracted a local heating engineer to remove the flue and cut it down to an acceptable height.

When they removed the flue, they found out that it been 'butchered' during installation (carried out before I bought the property and no record of original installer). There were cuts and deformations where the 4-5 inch adaptor and extension piece had been 'modified' to fit together. Consequently, there was a risk that flue gases could escape into the property.

The flue has metal tube on the inside to carry the flue gases away, but they say all of the modern ones are plastic and may not be able to handle the heat of the gases as it is an older design of boiler (Baxi Combi HE 80 Plus - ceased production in 2006).

The engineer has spoken to technical experts at Baxi but they have still not come up with a solution. Surely a boiler that is only 5 years old still has these spare parts available? I am willing to bite the bullet and get a whole new flue, but they say the plastic may not handle the temperature of the gas?

As a result, I am now without a central heating system until they can get the right advice, which seems to be taking an unnecessary amount of time.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'd be very surprised if Baxi can't tell what flue kit you require and the availability of it, part numbers etc.

Standard 70/110 flue that is still used on the baxi solo HE range all part numbers for the 80HE COMBI PLUS and the solo match up so readily avialable of the shelf or next day.

www.partsarena.com/baxi has numbers required or just look in baxi catalogue avialable in any merchants

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back