can anyone advise me on Leylandii?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to put a row of Leylandii at the bottom of my garden as a security measure as it is the only point of entry into my garden at the moment,as the area at the bottom of the garden is for our children to play.
They are such lovely trees,but I need advice as to how far apart to place them etc..
The width of my garden is about 40 feet.
Any help much appreciated!!
Thanks in advance,
Guy Ainsworth

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

The trees in our garden were not planted by us but they are thriving and have about 2 metres seperation, they are large now but seem to be fine.

One bit of advice when they start to grow they really start! I think the first couple of years they are slow enough to spring up but look out after that cause growth is very fast.
Decide what height you want these trees and make sure you top them at least annually to ensure they remain there else they become hard to manage. I have just finished in the back garden where they were 40 foot plus and it was an awful lot of work to get them back down to the 25 /30 feet mark. Wish we had kept a better eye on them all along.

Good trees though.

Cheers
Mully :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back