how much for digging and filling a footing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. The dig will be 1m deep x 8.2m long x 450mm wide. No pipe work or anything to worry about, a straight forward dig and fill. Concrete required will be 700mm x 8.2m x 450mm. All crap from the hole to be taken away. How much would I be looking at chaps

Andy - midlands

Sponsored Links
Ha ha cheers for replying before me. I thought the subject name was a dead give away, lol.

Sponsored Links
Hi all. The dig will be 1m deep x 8.2m long x 450mm wide. No pipe work or anything to worry about, a straight forward dig and fill. Concrete required will be 700mm x 8.2m x 450mm. All crap from the hole to be taken away. How much would I be looking at chaps

Andy - midlands
Is there access for an excavator?

How is dug the spoil being moved?

How will it be taken away?

Is there access for a concrete truck or will it need to be pumped?

How do you know there are no services, drains or land drains crossing the trench?

What is the sub soil condition?

Is the site fairly level?

Do you require an oversite dig also?

Blimey so many questions.

Yes to excavator
Soil dumped on my driveway
Grab lorry to take soil
Yes to concrete access
Drains don't cross over my footings cause I know
Services run down the side of my house
Sub soil is clay based
Site is level
No oversite dig needed

Andy

give me a call m8 see if i can help JON *******

its going too be a two man dig as there will need too be a digger driver(me) and a dumper driver/banksman
i can get the digger and dumper on hire as iv got a trade card with a nationwide hire firm
same with muck away
the only thing that will cost the most will be the ready mix

whats the spec of concrete youll need & is rebar needed

when you looking too get it done
if youd like to msg me think ill be able too help you out

Or maybe the forum should be renamed "Find you local tradesman - cash jobs only no VAT"?

Hi Jon. Waiting on a few quotes to come through tomz but if I'm not happy with the quotes I shall bell you mate thank you.
Gen 3 concrete is required for my job I'm told by the concrete company. No bar needed I'm told.

This forum has been great for getting a rough idea on prices etc over the years which helps avoid getting ripped off by dodgey trade. This is why people ask the question and 99% of members are happy to lend some idea of prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back