Just found out - only have 4 core Alarm Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ..

Anytime I search for Alarm related querys on Google I end up here which is a good sign :) thanks in advance!

I was about to buy an Accenta Gen4 Panel and had PIRS etc added to cart online and discovered my house is only 4 wire alarm cable.

From all the diagrams Ive examined over last few weeks ( while deciding and planning ) - i need 6

2 Power , 2 Tamper , 2 Alarm...

While I'll admit im livid .. because I knew the electrician and always assumed it was 6 - am wondering if any work around..

Its a residential house ( my own ) so I could ( famous last words ) leave out the tamper loop. ( hard wire on system I presume - havent researched fully )

Any ideas? ( Dont say wireless... well not yet anyway...)

Thanks all...

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Hi Mark ,
thanks for your email. I literally had to go and pull blanking panel from the keypad location - its 6 core....all else is 4

Youll have to excuse my ignorance.. Im not sure at all what a "panel with eol resistor wiring".. I gather eol is end of line..

Can you shed any light.. ill go googling in the meantime...

thanks again..

EOL means one pair carries the circuit and tamper.
2nd pair carries power.

4 core keypads use Scantronic or Galaxy, can even use Cooer with 4 core on keypad but lose keypad tones.

Sponsored Links
Great stuff , thank you!. I will research on that. Do I need to watch out for a specific type of System that will allow EOL , or is this down to the config within the sensor?

You could have a look at the Texecom Veritas R8+ , or the Excel , both do eol , and the manuals are easy to follow.

EOL, can be "worked" in two ways.
The important issue is you use the resistors in the sensor. NOT IN THE PANEL, surprising but some do this :evil:
1st way is to sue the resistors provided and fit inside the sensor, there will be a diagram in the book of words with the control panel.
2nd is the detectors might have selectors inside and you move the jumpers to the relevant resistors. Some do get a bit confused with this method but if you follow the instructions it is fairly easy.

As above Texecom do a panel that could be used too. TBH the range of smaller panels are fairly competitivley priced.
Stay away from the R8+ as it only has a LED keyad, for a little more a real text keypad makes life easier.

Any other questions,you know where we are :D

Ps, on the 1st post for cooer read Cooper.

ok thanks a million for response again....
So basically I am very limited in Panel choice if I go EOL route..?
Im gooooogling to my hearts content to find other panels that are compatible..

And yes from what Ive read.. EOL res in the sensor is best advice.. cheers!

I am going to buy a big backup battery as my first purchase.. to beat my electrician around the head for leaving me with my 4 core.. ( only kidding - no need to reporting my IP..lol)

hi go for a texecom premier 24 kit it comes with a prox keypad (4 wire) 3 pirs with eol jumpers inside( no messing with resistors) and a comms module for sms texting and a pack of fobs you cant go wrong !

24 is a semi pro panel but withing the bounds of anyone with a few brain cells ( awaits the slaughter/mockery).
Most decent kit now offers EOL due to the Regs required for equipment needed to signal to ARC`s even if this facility is not used.

Just remember sometimes the higher the grdae support is not given by the manufacturer, although advoce can still be gotten from sites similar to this.

A joke I know but always fit the best suited battery not necessary the biggest. 1 it will not fit :p 2, it may not charge!
Also sparkies have more "toys" with higher voltages to play with :evil: :evil:

Basically look at the options, decide what features you want and possible expansion and take it from there.

If in doubt ask away.

I would go with a Texecom Vertias Excel on a simple house - price wise only a few quid more than a Vertias R8.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back