New to DIYnot, first ever project!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening I'm new to DIYnot as I have stated in the Subject!

Me and my girlfriend have just got our second flat together and its some what different from the new build we are moving from!

The new flat is as follow:

1 bed 6m*5m
Living room 7m*5m
Hallway 5m*2m
Kitchen 4m*3.5m (this is new)
And what was a balcony converted into what i would say as an open room?!?!

The decorative is wood-chip throughout! with picture rails and original skirting boards and doors.

Today we started stripping the wood-chip off in the living room so the walls can be prepared ready for lining and painting.

Here are some pics as we first moved in to the flat.

Lining Room

Hallway

Bedroom

Kitchen

Sponsored Links
Hi Jack,,, welcome to DIYnot. When you reply to a post, if you look down to the bottom left of the reply panel, you will see, in blue writing"show my images". Click on that and your images will appear. Just click on any image you wish to include in your post. Check it as you go by clicking on the "preview" button. When you've finished composing the post, press "submit" to send the post,, as normal. When you ask a particular question etc, send any question etc to the appropriate section,,, ie, plumbing/heating, joinery/woodwork, plastering, painting etc. ;)

Well done mate. That looks a very nice clean tidy place you've got there. Looks like you can just move in and sit down. What's your plans?

Strip all the walls of wood chip, maybe remove picture rail, strip back the doors and skirting board and re paint so they look modern. If you look at the skirting and doors they look very 50s 60s but I really like them and think that refurbed they would look modern if that makes sence? There are more pics to be taken and up loaded tomorrow ad my girlfriend and I ;) have been there all day today and going back in the morning.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Looks good, wish you well.

Early observations, CU above door, loads of trunking. Time to lose.
Windows by main door, fit all the locks you like glass is glass.

Storage heaters, agggggggggggggggg time to rip them out whilst the place is clean.
Going for wood floors? Underheating keeps the lines clean.

Welcome, be good to see a "shell" to end version.

We are doing things on a budget which is a shame. What would you suggest about the CU? Box it in neatly?...
As for the trunking that is todays job to find what the wires belong to.

Wood flooring hmm, I'm not really a fan to be honest but we have had a quote for carpets and the prices varied quite a bit! £340-£800 supply only!!

I have totally forgot the bathroom! I take pictures of that to along with what we find on the way as this wood-chip is coming off!

OK so today more stripping and photos!!! Excited??? Well its only walls lads lol, took some pictures of the bathroom and the other random spaces too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back