Position of Hot water Cylinder and Cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of revamping my bathroom. Before i do that i would like to make the bathroom bigger. The airing cupboard next to the bathroom contains the hot water cylinder which, if i moved in to the loft, would give me the extra room i want.

My questions are:

1) if both the coldwater tank and hot water cylinder were next to each other in the loft would it cause any problems?

2) Would the cylinder need to be slightly lower for any reason?

3) If i did move the cylinder and it did cause problems how could i rectify it?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Hanif

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your promt response. I managed to put off the whole move for a while. Thanks for the link which was very helpful.

The question i'm not sure if its been answered is whether the the top of the hot water tank can be higher than the top of the cold water tank?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If space is short move to a combi boiler and you can remove the hot and cold tanks all together. Job done.

If space is short move to a combi boiler and you can remove the hot and cold tanks all together. Job done.

depending on hot water volume requirement, have a look at a combination cylinder which will go in the loft, but will reduce your volume of hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back