Replace a double glazed window pane with a single one ?

Sponsored Links
they are not sutable for areas like bath/shower rooms or kitchens

Firstly I assume you are fitting this into upvc? If so you will need to find the profile manufacturer and see if do do a single glazing bead. Second, why from double to single glazed? You can buy them vents to fit in double glazed units, would be soooooo much easier to get a new sealed unit made with a hole than the first option I said.

Sponsored Links
God,

I totally agree with you in every respect. Yes it is a UPVC window frame. The company ventomatic that manufacture these vents appear to only do ONE double glazed model, that is for the 162mm diameter size fan, which is not big enough for the purpose I require. The 219mm version, as shown in the link in the OP does not appear to be available in double glaze version.

If you can find one of these fans of the size I require for double glazing then I would owe you a massive big thank u. :D

If none work, get the one you want, get a unit made and silicone it in and leave overnight before you fit it :)

have you spoken to any local double glazing manufactures? Some will manufacture a new sealed unit with them in for you.
I used to work for a large national window company and they used to do it, and there are some local companies by me that do.
phone around and see what you can find

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back