Digital reception

you may find that they have increased the power transmitted in your area ,and the amplifier is causing an overloaded signal at the set top

overload or to much signal on digital tv ,is just as bad as to little signal

regards

Sponsored Links
I ended up sending the amp back to the supplier at which point they tested it and said there was no fault. Upon re-connecting we had the same problem again, i then ditched the amp all together and just got a standard non amplified 4 way splitter, fitted it and all is perfect again.

Not sure what was going wrong really, granted some of the cable was old in our house, however, some was brand new & the problem happened using both independantly.

The supplier was Aerial Shack, they may be right and the unit is fine, however, there assertion that the fault was with my cable seems odd considering new cable gives the same result as old.

As cyndi said, it could have been overload from too much signal boosting. That's one of the challenges with DIY install and mail order bits. Nothing wrong with the amp...but just not right for the area and transmitter power it was being used in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back