mira electric shower , no water coming out of the shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mire elite 2 electric shower that has been installed for about 8 months now,

yesterday the water was cut off and the electric shower was turned on by mistake for about 2-3 seconds. The water is now back to the house but when i turn on the electric shower no water is coming out of the shower head, i have tried cleaning the shower head itself but still nothing, the electrics are fine and the rest of the taps all work.

does anyone have any ideas ????????????????

Sponsored Links
If water was turned off (especially if off from water main in street) it is possible that debris (from water main or disintegrating tap washer) has come through and blocked inlet filter of shower.

It is fairly easy to check inlet filter (just above inlet elbow, I think), but only by a competent person who understands the dangers of working on electric showers!

Sponsored Links
So Kevplumb is objecting to me qualifying my advice by saying that only a competent person should carry out such work? - If I've undestood correctly.

I know it sounds boring and bureaucratic, but we've no way of knowing the level of competence of the person being given advice. And when it comes to electric showers, for example, I think we have to be very careful about being seen to encourage DIY work. All it takes is for someone to forget to isolate the electrics before taking off the cover...

Drawing lines is always difficult, and we each have to make our own decisions and live with the consequences. Personally I wouldn't want someone's death on my conscience, for want of a few words of warning.

I'm not against DIY, far from it. I started out as a DIYer, gradually becoming more professional, but I did some hairy things with gas and electricity in my early days that I wouldn't want to make public today.

I hope you will bear with me, Kevplumb, if I play it safe and put the occasional warning about competence in my advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back