Replacing broken power cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to cut the power cable of my lawnmower (clever I know), can I connect the bit still attached to the lawn mower to this ( http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...cationsProductType=flexible__pvc___lsf__cable )and then put a plug on the end of it? I ask this as I cant seem to undo the black box (it has kautt u box written on it) that this and another cable go into.

Or do I need to remove the current broken cable and just use some new cable and attach a plug to it?

Thanks

Jamie

Sponsored Links
If you do use that, ensure you fit the plug part on the appliance end, and the socket part on the mains end. Otherwise you will have exposed live pins.

Sponsored Links
I'd recommend finding a spot on the mower where you can fix (e.g. cable-tie) the male connector half and cutting the mower flex right back to suit.

That way you won't be dragging the connector around and having it come apart.

I also suggest yellow or orange flex rather than white - it'll show up better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back