Scantronic 9448+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone - I'm hoping you can give me a few pointers on how to restart my alarm after the following episode...

I came home to find the strobe activated on the external bell. Entered front door and tried to turn off alarm as normal. The keys beeped as I entered the code but the alarm didn't turn off. I entered the code again - nothing - I didn't have a manual so went a bit crazy with the number of times I entered the code after that to no avail - the internal alarm activated followed by the external bell. No leds were lit apart from the green one at the top left that looks like a wave.

My neighbour tells me the alarm went off during the day after a power cut - so after reading earlier messages I'm assuming I need a new backup battery which I now have but I'm not sure if the way the alarm was made to stop will effect how it has to be reconnected?

In order to get it to stop I turned off the mains, opened the panel and disconnected the battery, and took the 3 amp fuse out (not the ones in the panel but from a separate fuse casing just next to the panel). The external alarm sounded for over 30mins then turned to a chirping noise, I eventually found another fuse box under the stairs that links to the external bell somehow and it stopped chirping (though I'm not sure why if the mains was off this would have had any effect). So everything's now totally dead.

I would really appreciate some guidance on the order of how to turn things back on and reconnect the new battery with sounding the alarm for the least amount of time possible. Also, from what I've read entering the code twice should have deactivated the alarm, would the low battery explain why this didn't happen? Or do you think there may be something wrong with the panel as well?

Really appreciate any help - thanks

Sponsored Links
...... Also, from what I've read entering the code twice should have deactivated the alarm, would the low battery explain why this didn't happen? YES
Or do you think there may be something wrong with the panel as well? NO

Also the "other box" you removed the fuse from has nothing to do with the externals. Better put that fuse back!

hi try putting in factory code of 1234 as ive known the 9448+ going back to factory default after a power cut/ surge had one do it last week it may need reprogramming also. hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your guidance everyone - will give it a try over the weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back