Replacing the Mains stop Cock- advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My old stop cock which turns off the mains (under the kitchen sink) is leaking and I,m about to replace it.
I have turned off the mains supply outside, but unsure whether I should replace the leaking stop cock with the Ball lever stop valve.

Can I fit a ball lever valve instead of a normal stopcock?
Is this allowed by the regs?

Any advice appreciated
Many thanks
AP

Sponsored Links
Hi. Not being a qualified plumber I can't advise on the legal side of replacing the old stop cock with a lever type. However, it is a simple job to stop your old valve leaking with a new washer. Takes about 10 minutes or so and will save a lot of work. Washers easily available from plumbers merchants and cheap! Hope this helps.

Hi. Not being a qualified plumber I can't advise on the legal side of replacing the old stop cock with a lever type. However, it is a simple job to stop your old valve leaking with a new washer. Takes about 10 minutes or so and will save a lot of work. Washers easily available from plumbers merchants and cheap! Hope this helps.

Thanks d4719, I'LL give that a try. Failing that I may just replace it with the same type

Thanks again
regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back