cheap

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Having a pop at yourself now?
no mainly just u pal ur probly 1 of them old time engineers who neva talks to any1 apart from ur computer, sits at home reading manuals and polishes his boots evry nite coz youve nothing else to do

Oh dear,

Don't you see the how strange this looks?
Biggest Texecom system,
How to set up Redcare/Stu

Yet you don't know where to get cheap low end kit from.

If you were trade, that's where you'd look.

Unless of course sparkies now do all their purchasing from retail sites and don't mind paying the added margins.

no mainly just u pal ur probly 1 of them old time engineers who neva talks to any1 apart from ur computer, sits at home reading manuals and polishes his boots evry nite coz youve nothing else to do

Nope to all of the above, no need to read them all, been there got the t-shirt.

Your one of the new generation then I take it. Cannot set up a redcare, thinks a big veritas is top notch, cannot workout were to buy cheap kit ( I assume its for a private job is it?).
You have to ask basic stuff on a DIY forum.
Not been allowed to register as trade on the big boys sites then have we?

PS shoes get polished though, something you kids seem to have forgotten too :D

Oh boy, you're going the wrong way to get help here.

& what about your previous post about GSM RedCARE, have you got it going? I suspect not.

Why not answer the questions we asked, it's the only way WE can help YOU, none of us are mind readers. We ask the questions to help formulate the correct answer, you don't reply, people tend to get snippy, what do you expect.

There are years & years of experience here, do you really want to loose out on all that?

Think about it & start again.

One day, you might be one of us, but as things are at the moment, I won't hold my breath.

PS shoes get polished though, something you kids seem to have forgotten too :D
SHOES?

Haven't you noticed, it's all trainers these days.

Quickest way to do your ankles in at work, and don't forget the nail through the foot. :cry:

Meant shoes for social use.
Who the fuc polishes Timberland style work boots?
Not seen suede polish yet :p

Do any of the forums rules ever get followed by you washer women.
Regardless of how you 'percieve' what this poster does or whether what you believe he is doing is right or wrong is it really necessary to keep embarrasing yourselves in this way. Incidentally even if he is a sparkie fitting alarms he has not broken the law nor has he transgressed any consumer laws . You could have a big debate over whether only registered installers should be allowed to install alarms but that is a lobby to parliament and a change in the law as things stand. Harping and trolling on here will not achieve anything other than making yourselves look spoilt petulant truculant and pathetic.

I like the way you gang up safety in numbers even behind a keyboard :rolleyes:

perhaps you all need to read this.. //www.diynot.com/forums/rules.php

You might want to pay attention to the following:-

1) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome. This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect! Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed! Keep it civil!

2) Posts should be relevant to the topic. Irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic will be removed or split.

Perhaps if you don't want this chap to succeed simply do not answer his posts that way he doesn''t get the benefit of your help.

Noone asked you to join this forum and give away your valuable knowledge and experience for free if you resent doing it then why bother.
As it is he just realises that this forum is full of in his words ''dickheads'.
With my experience I am hardly likely to challenge his assumption , in fact all credit to him for realising so soon.

In fact this thread is quite interesting.

We usually have ALARM leading in with the first charge but there has been a change in the pecking order ALUMNI (slightly self agrandising that name don't you think) has stormed in ahead obviously for some reason getting well ahead of himself) We won't go into making bogus calls on witheld numbers and breach of Communications Act 2003.
ALARM has responded with a comment which both whilst acknowledging the upstart has broken the order credits him for his attack.
The comment is finely judged to be as brief as possible but it was obvious ALARM needed to get in there ASAP to reestablish his presence.
EUROPLANK then comes in with a comment about how to 'go around getting help on here'.
This comment is interesting because it is an explicit admission that normal interactions and processes do not follow on this forum and that certain unwritten rules and cap doffing has to apply before the new poster is deigned to be worthy of help.
In normal society noone would answer a strangers request with a sarcastic response as the proximity would preclude the safety of hiding behind a keyboard.
Then follows a bonding session between the usual protagonists with off topic chit chat just to establish 'who owns or is in charge of the thread' despite it being hijacked and drawn way off topic and none of the protagonists were even the original thread starter. This method is used to stifle any further debate on the original topic and indeed to instigate a thread locking.
Finally Mr YOUNG makes his latter appearance once any dust has settled and feeling emboldened by his co aggressors actions he finally chips in - how sweet.

Yaleguy3

Have you read this thread

www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1964386#1964386 - 20 April 2011 6:06 pm

where kieronc writes
i have just wired a gsm redcare direct to a texecom premiere does any 1 know how to send signals through as i have tried but the monitoring station are saying they have had nothing through? many thanks

Perhaps that doesn't arouse in you any concerns about what or who is dependent on the RedCare system. But in me and many others it suggests someone has been working well beyond their competence and knowledge. That may leave persons or property at increased risk due to a defective alarm system not operating correctly when activated.

Perhaps the valid concerns are so great that people do not phrase their valid comments in the best of English.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back