gardtec 581 ..... Heeeelllllp!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently bought a house which has a gardtec 581 alarm installed. It has been wired upto the same breaker on my fuse board as my downstairs lights which i am now doing work on. When i try and cut the power to these the alarm is sounding outside i am hoping that someone ca please tell me if there is a way i can cut the power to my alarm without this happening?!?!?

Thanks i advance.

Sponsored Links
You need a new standby battery to stop the symptoms you describe.
you need a 12 volt DC 7 AH battery for that panel, you can get one from Maplins or B & Q if you decide you need it today.

To change, REMOVE the fuse from the spur or switch off the breaker.
Open the cover and remove the old battery, replace using the same colours on the terminals, relace cover. Enter code, try to set and then unset panel, job done.

Remember mains voltage can be present if not isolated, if unsure get someone in.

Also as you knwo the extrenal will sound during this.
Or hope its got cut offs correctly drop power and the externals should stop after 15 to 20 mins.

so with a new battery that works as a back up with the mains cut off the sounder will remain quiet until the power in the battery drops?

Thats the one, new standby should keep the bell hold off for at least 8 hours in a power cut/ works.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back