ok, going to do our own drawings for planning for this new window

done all the measurements, am I right in its either

1/100 so 1000cm = 10cm
or
1/50 so 1000cm = 20cm

look alright to me ! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
doh blonde moment, glad freddymercurystwin knew what I meant !!!

1000mm = 10cm

Nope, still blonde. Major revision needed before you build a Wendy house instead of a real one.

10 mm represent 1,000 mm if you want a scale of 1/100

Check your Local Authority's website. My internal plans had to be 1:50 with a scale of at least 5m and showing North. The scale "1:50" and the size of paper had to be shown on the plans. My Council charges extra for paper submissions rather than electronic, so I used PDF Creator as a virtual printer to create the PDF documents for submission.

What are you muppets going on about? It doesn't matter what the units are only the relationship between the drawn line and what it represents in reality.

Fred

You are of course right if the OP simply says :"...is 1:100 or 1:50 right ? ". However if they then say :

1/100 so 1000cm = 10cm

and then

1000mm = 10cm

then they may have got the scale right, but don't have the mathematical ability :confused: to convert that into the correct length of line on a piece of paper even if at the bottom it says 1:100.

I am drawing a plan 1/50

so a line of 2cm is equal to 1m in real terms (?)

(I think the reason I am getting confused is my husband has measured everything in meters so thats why I used the example of 1000mm)

"mathematical ability" :LOL:

What are you muppets going on about? It doesn't matter what the units are only the relationship between the drawn line and what it represents in reality.

I'm with you Fred, can't see what these fellas are getting their knickers in a twist about :LOL: .

kazzab - your unit of measurement isn't important - as long as it's annotated and converted correctly*. If it's to scale.....it's to scale, I can't see a problem with your math, listen to Fred :D .

*Notwithstanding individual LABC / LPA guideline requirements.

fellas..............knickers.......eeewwwwww

.....back to my drawing :cool:

I'm with you Fred, can't see what these fellas are getting their knickers in a twist about :LOL: .

kazzab - your unit of measurement isn't important - as long as it's annotated and converted correctly*. If it's to scale.....it's to scale, I can't see a problem with your math, listen to Fred :D .

*Notwithstanding individual LABC / LPA guideline requirements.

Is happy to report that even with my inability to do basic maths I drew the plans correctly and the were accepted by planning and work has started !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back