scantronic 9448+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help not sure if this is a first or last resort - I had some issues with alarm some weeks ago when we had a power cut - to cut a long story short i reset the alarm 3 days ago and it was triggering zone 6, I overcame this problem by feeding a loop back in on itself. This seemed fine for 2 days. now when I exit the property and set the alarm I have this continous noise on the panel so therefore I have to turn the alarm off. When this noise occurs no zone is being triggered. I have also changed the battery!! thanks in advance for any help???

Sponsored Links
Check the programming, it might be looking for the exit door to open and then close before allowing the system to set

Alarm - It was absolutely fine before the power cut (lived in house for 4 years), the problem I have is I do not know what the setting were prior to me re-setting the system. I can only say that when I reset the system it was then picking up zone six which I do not have and I had to bypass this (as described in my original mail). It was then ok for 2 days but now continous noise when I set the alarm.

Sponsored Links
Check the programming, it might be looking for the exit door to open and then close before allowing the system to set

As you can probably tell Alarms not my area of expertise - I'm having trouble checking it as I dont know what it should be - and struggling with the booklet. Any further assistance would be of great help. Thanks

Alarm - It was absolutely fine before the power cut (lived in house for 4 years), the problem I have is I do not know what the setting were prior to me re-setting the system. I can only say that when I reset the system it was then picking up zone six which I do not have and I had to bypass this (as described in my original mail). It was then ok for 2 days but now continous noise when I set the alarm.

Battery going U/S has defaulted or corrupted the panel.
You need the engineers manual, google is your friend.

Alarm";p="1968056 said:
Battery going U/S has defaulted or corrupted the panel.
You need the engineers manual, google is your friend.

Alarm - What is the U/S and the battery has just been changed 2 days ago. Is there a difference between the user manual (which I have) and the engineers manual? And what good is the manual if the panel is corrupted?

u/s = useless, and I meant the old one.

The engineers manual would allow you to do a factory reset, the first thing an engineer would to to try and see if the panel is recoverable. It sometimes works.

So to answer the last, yes the engineers is different to the user manual.

Alarm- when I search on google I get an instillation manual which is what I already have you advised I needed an engineers manual which you said is different? If it is the engineers manual which I have which I have followed to do a factory reset I end up with the problem I currently have. If it is an engineers manual as per one of your earlier posts would you please provide me with the link. Thanks

You say/said you had the USER manual.
I said you need the Engineer/Installation manual.

Default it, and leave it at default and try and set it.

Is Z6 still looped out?

yes z6 is still looped out - I have tried every conceivable option and nothing seems to work - I can only assume I am either missing or not following a step correctly (so I know for sure could you as the expert tell me exactly what i need to do) or the alternative is the panel is corrupt which I cannot believe is happening purely because I have done a factory reset!!!!!! Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back