Order of work/method for plumbing/fitting a Belfast sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a B&Q (Cooke and Lewis) kitchen with Belfast sink. Now that I have all the bits in front of me, I have questions about the best way to do this. I've read older posts and info about seating the sink properly using silicone. What worries me is fitting the taps. I'll be fitting a monobloc mixer into the wooden worktop behind the sink. The sink can't come out once fitted, it has a bulge on the base where the trap is which will need to fit in a recess in the base - once the worktop is on there's no way that's coming out again. So the problem is access for fitting the tap - what I'm thinking is that I can cut an access panel in the back of the base unit and plumb the tap in after the worktop is fitted - I'm assuming that I'll be able to get the tails down and also that I'll be able to reach the tap fixing to the worktop - does sound like a bit of a pig though - any advice anyone? I'm trying to think forward to the possibility of having to replace the tap later on too - don't want to have to take worktop out or sink out to do that.

Cheers,

R.

Sponsored Links
put the sink on its base unit with the legs wound fully down so you can slide the unit in between the other units and then wind the legs up till it touches the w/top, the taps are installed and tested before you slide the unit and sink into place.

Use flexible tails and make sure the pipes come through the back panel below the bottom level of the sink. Terminate the plumbing with a fitting that the tails will tighten up to. . Before fitting the worktop in place, fit the tap to the worktop, then the flexible tails. Simples. ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back