plumbing for a new build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have posted a couple of times regarding this and still not sure what we should do. Below is an attached image of our floor plan, the stove boiler in the living room will be providing hot water and heating, the space at the side of the fluepip is hopefully going to house the manifolds for the radiators.

Currently just the downstairs will be completed and the upstairs at a later date.

What we are unsure of is whether to have copper or plastic? Copper to radiator manifold and then plastic from then on? Or just copper throughout?

There is just the 6 radiators down stairs. The house is a suspended floor with i beam engineered joists that should have holes pre drilled ready to pop out should we want too.

Also, what are your thoughts on the Soil pipe? I dont really want it going under the foundations, you think we should take it out the opposite direction and along the side toward the kitchen and then an inspection chaimber there and then to the sewage treatment plant?

Any advice would be great, its a wood pellet boiler stove.

img @ http://www.nbriggs.co.uk/floorplan.JPG

Cheers.
Danny B

Sponsored Links
That stove probably has a minimum of 2kw to the room so in summer when its hot and you want your HW heated then you'll probably have a hot stifling room.
Have you thought about that?

Yes we have considered that. If it gets that unbearable then we will just use the immerser or open the windows. There is only me and my girlfriend so its not as if the water will need to be on that long each day.

Sponsored Links
What size would you recommend? 15mm to manifold and hot water cylinder and 10mm to radiators from there?

Thats great thank you.

Does anyone have any knowledge about sewage treatment plants? We are thinking of installing ours ourselves? Any do's dont's?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back