Gardtec 360/580 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had no problem with this alarm in the 9 years it has been installed. However we had new carpets fitted last Thursday and once the fitter had gone and we went to set the alarm to go out we had what looks like a t on the panel!? From the instruction manual I can see the t is for tamper zone but my question is how can I get rid off this? I am thinking the cables running in one of the bedrooms might have been cut or damaged by the fitter. Do I have to get the alarm engineer out or is there a code I can put in to try and correct the problem first? Hope some one can help!

Sponsored Links
Ring the carpet fitter, explain what has happened and that you are getting an alarm engineer to attend, and if proved that the damage is due to his work, he'll be getting the bill.

If the fitter is a subby for a company, your 'beef' is with them, so ring them, not the fitter.

Who ever is responsible for fitting the carpet is insured, yes?

Thanks for your reply, have tried to phone them but as it's bank holiday there is no answer. So first job on the list for the morning! Just wondered if any one knew of the code so I didn't have to get an engineer out?

Codes, no. There will be 2, User, yours & an Engineer code.

The fault you have by the sound of it is a typical carpet fitter fault, cut cable.

This needs to be repaired correctly.

You will not be able to use the system until the cable is repaired.

PS - Ever replaced your battery?

Sponsored Links
Thank you, thought that may be the case! I was just puzzled because the sensors all seem to be responding to movement and the bell outside went off too when I later tried to reset the alarm? Would that all happen if a cable was cut? I thought the alarm would have gone of straight after the cable was cut? Never replaced the battery, engineer may as well do that whilst he is here!

Did the system go off when the fitter was there?
He may have nicked a cable and walking over it later caused the open circuit. As above you cannot bypass this unless you remove all the tampers and link out. But there could be other damage.

1st thing tomorrow ring the carpet shop, check they are willing to pay/claim on insurance. Get an enginner to give a report/costing and inform carpet people, then if all happy have works done.
As above time for a new battery too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back