help identify service head and cutout or isolator switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am a complete donut when it comes to this stuff.

Please can someone tell me what those two components underneath the henley blocks are?

Is that a double pole isolator switch on the left and a service head on the right? Can a DNO change both of these things?

I told you I was a putz...
:oops:

Many thanks,

Rav

Sponsored Links
Under the Henley blocks to the LHS of the meter is an old Wylex standard CU 2 way and to the right of that, the intake and cutout. TN-S by the look.

DNO may change the cutout if the fuse cannot be upgraded (if you request a 100A supply) or if the Ze is awful (> 0.8 ohms).

On the left is a 2-way fusebox, not a DP isolator (although it has one as its main switch). It's nothing to do with the DNO - they won't change it.

But they might get snotty about it being on the same board as their cutout, especially if it's in the way of a new one.

Why do you want a new one, BTW?

And has that fusebox got an earth connection?

It looks as though the Henly blocks replaced some other sort of gear.

Sponsored Links
What puzzles me is that someone who confesses to being a 'donut' and a 'putz' knows what Henley blocks are :?:

What puzzles me is that someone who confesses to being a 'donut' and a 'putz' knows what Henley blocks are :?:

lol. indeed, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. i'm piecing it together by reading as much as i can online and have picked up on some of the lingo.

i've booked a qualified electrician to update everything to the new 17th edition specification but feel i should have a basic understanding (e.g. 'this does that'), and not be utterly oblivious to what work needs to be carried out and what components are involved and how they all integrate.

:D

Rav

Yes looks like a 60/80A cut-out with a 2c.0225 (16mm) copper cable, quite capable of being uprated to 100A but looks to be in good condition.

BAS is right about the board, but I doubt the CU would be in the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back