GardTec alarm fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

Im wondering if anyone can help me with a problem Im having with my alarm, it is a GardTec and on the panel it has the following: PR5457.

The problem is as follows, the last 2 nights in the early hours the panel has started making a beeping noise, and the panel is displaying a message saying "phone line fault"

The only reason I can think why this has been caused is that the BT phone line is no longer in use, because we have a Virgin Media phone line. However this was installed in January and the problem has only just started.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening as it is starting to get annoying at 4am!

Sponsored Links
Turn off line fault monitor.

Althoug a few other issues spring to mind............Why only now has it happened?
Was the new line a "new physical line"?

What was it signalling to?

To start with.

Turn off line fault monitor.

Althoug a few other issues spring to mind............Why only now has it happened?
Was the new line a "new physical line"?

What was it signalling to?

To start with.
I've got Virgin at home, the Tel line is a new cable from the Virgin system.

Now. I've also got a trueCall device, http://www.truecall.co.uk/ , problems with unwanted callers, get one, best gadget ever invented for the phone.

This has settings to differentiate between BT & Virgin, from the book >
"To correctly handle Caller ID
messages trueCall needs to know whether it is connected to a
Standard landline or a Cable phone line. You select the line type
here. By default, trueCall is set to Standard phone Line Type."

There is no other information given, but surely this would point to there being a substantial difference between the workings of the two systems.

I'll have a look around the trueCall subscriber area to see if I can find a more concise explanation.

Not all non BT lines (OpenReach) are true telephone lines. True in that they go to a telephone exchange with battery backed un-broken power supply.

Some lines go as far as an equipment box in the street where they are converted to and from a fibre optic highway connection. Depending on how that cabinet is set up / powered it is not impossible that at some time in the night routine testing occurs which may cause the line to have a glitch and upset the alarm system connected to it.

Sponsored Links
Again, what is being signalled?
My fine internet friend has quite rightly pointed out a ossible cause.
Does this need to signal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back