G2 galaxy wireless kit-connecting to phone line?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick question all,, :D
recently i installed a g2 wireless intruder alarm for a friend, simple enough to wo work with allthough when it comes to connecting to the phone line... i have no idea... :confused:

i understand the panel has a built in telecoms line.. and that i would other end into the main phone 'box' i think... :?:

i willl need a urn number from a signal recieving centre.

How will i send the signal to them? via phone number i enter on keypad :?:

any help will be great
thnx :D

Sponsored Links
comms connections to an ARC are done via a registered alarm installation company.

you as a member of the general public (i think you are but then again i could be wrong) cannot connect your intruder alarm to an ARC.

we connect our systems to an ARC and apply to the local police for a URN number,
the above is only available to recognized and certified companies and with the approval of the local police.

you can connect your alarm system to any PSTN (private phone line) and have it text you,
you will need your phones message centre number and of course your phone number (to which the messages will be sent).

check the engineering instructions on how to do this, but be aware it is not the most reliable way of communicating an alarm condition.

you could use a speech dialler, or contact a local registered installer to `adopt` your alarm and put it on comms for you, but this will not be cheap!!

Oasis

technically, i am a service and intsallation engineer, and fire alarms are more what im used to. i work for a registered alarm company.
really i should go to a galaxy training day, :D but thot some1 on here might no wat to do to save me hassle.
applyin for the urn is the works side, connecting up will be mine..
basically lookin for a wiring diagram to save me goin to training day to physically connect my alarm to the phone line??

plz help :D

Sponsored Links
How do you fit a Redcare REDSTU?

Perhaps with the AB phone line provided?
Same with alarms.
URN is issued by the local police authourity ( prices gone up again).
ARC will supply account and reciever numbers.

G2 can also text but service numbers are unstable.

So to physically connect phone line attach to AB on panel, then back out to master ( I never said that) so it can line snatch if on dialler or text. Redcare wont matter (too much:D)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back