Tools for Pebbledashing

I have checked the photo, and it is a glitch. You can visit the job - Lane Ends Farm, Sabden, Lancs.

You have no qualifications Roughcaster... If so, tell me exactly what they are, and I can check.

You can check mine at Blackburn College, University of Central Lancashire and The Chartered institute of Building.

Sponsored Links
lets see the pic!!!! or site address:cool:,

by the way nick, roughcaster is of the old school! he has posted many pics of his work (for reasons of clarity) his posts and help to many looking for advice has been second to none. and his work ist class.
roughcaster is a well respected member of this forum and his abilities unquestionable, and i have came my conclusions after only a relatively short time on this forum. i dont need to defend r/casters reputation or abilities! but on the same hand will not stand back and let anyone else come on and do so.

your all encompassing statements are inflammatory to say the least!.

i myself served my time in the late 70s and went back to college to gain an HND in my discipline.............bits of paper...........i still look to the old school for the best advice.
i am no better or worse than the next man who practices our trade unless they prove otherwise.

I will take another photo of the same job today, and we will see!

You will still be an unqualified plasterer, though... ha ha

I bet I am better looking than you and harder as well.

It's all good fun! Roughcaster!

Nick Sanderson Bsc (Hons) ICIOB GTi
[removed]

Sponsored Links
Hi Alastair

That's the one! How did you do that?

Roughcaster says it's got a horizontal fault; I can see what he is looking at but I can assure you all that it is a photo glitch. I should not get wound up by his comments but I am going to have to take another photo today - set the record straight.

Funny how people you have never met, nor ever will, can wind you up. Work is a bit slower nowadays, and have too much time on my hands I guess.

Roughcaster sucks!

I will take another photo of the same job today, and we will see!

You will still be an unqualified plasterer, though... ha ha

I bet I am better looking than you and harder as well.

It's all good fun! Roughcaster!

Nick Sanderson Bsc (Hons) ICIOB GTi
pebble-dash.co.uk

Nick, you are a narcissistic, self infatuated blatherer. Typical of someone who talks a good job. :rolleyes:

dont get wound up nick, theres more important things to worry about in this life than a forum. :confused:
r/casters a good guy and knows the game inside out.

it looks like shading to me though another pic to clarify would be better.

heres an extension i built last year
the base coat is polymer.
look at the shading...............what do you think caused that?
answers on a postcard.

Alright Pal

I haven't got a clue. It's hard to tell from a picture. If you have applied the polymer in horizontal bands, the shading wouldn't form like it has. It looks like it's wet. I have never used the polymer for dashing. What has the customer said?

Nice one!

How is business where you are? It's terrifying round here. I am just managing to keep one full-time guy and myself going. I am just using the other lads when I need them. I have three brothers, all plasterers and all struggling terribly. I was speaking to a couple of mates of mine last week - one a joiner and the other a kitchen fitter. They are both excellent at what they do and never been out of work in their lives but even they are absolutely nothing on and have been that way since christmas.

nick, what year did you you graduate from your Surveying BSc at UCLAN? Did you do BSc Building Surveying or BSc Quantity Surveying?

Hi Hotrod

I graduated in 2000. 2:1 Commercial Management & Quantity Surveying.

I originally set out to be a building Surveyor, but changed course in the second year; there was no work in that field. Wish I had stuck with my original choice; QSing sucks.

Why? Are you checking my credentials?

Nick

Nice one!

How is business where you are? It's terrifying round here. I am just managing to keep one full-time guy and myself going. I am just using the other lads when I need them. I have three brothers, all plasterers and all struggling terribly. I was speaking to a couple of mates of mine last week - one a joiner and the other a kitchen fitter. They are both excellent at what they do and never been out of work in their lives but even they are absolutely nothing on and have been that way since christmas.

couple of extensions were due to start one mid january the other end of march. both put on hold as customers unwilling to commit their finances due to current economic climate.

was very quiet workwise for first 8 weeks from turn of year barring the smaller jobs which keeps things ticking over. though this is normal.

i am in the fortunate position to have maintenance contracts on a couple of new built secondary schools in my area, which you may well imagine the snagging list runs into a never ending source of work.

the only way i have been affected so far is in pricing for works as so far as competitiveness is concerned prices have to be adjusted accordingly to reflect the market therefore working off smaller profit margins.

Hi Hotrod

I graduated in 2000. 2:1 Commercial Management & Quantity Surveying.

I originally set out to be a building Surveyor, but changed course in the second year; there was no work in that field. Wish I had stuck with my original choice; QSing sucks.

Why? Are you checking my credentials?

Nick
Hi nick, no, not checking your credentials. I graduated UCLAN in 1999, School of the Built Environment, so just curious. I did the 4 year sandwich course though with Year 3 out in industry so will probably have started 2 years before you. Did Sarah Fuller take you for quants?

Hi Hotrod

'Yeah, 97-00 Sara, Roger (head of year), Dee and Ron (in reverse order of clout). I always thought that Sara really didn't want to be there. Do you keep in touch with any of them. I know Roger Hogg left in my final term.

What is your chosen career? Hope you did more with your quals than I did.

Did you know that Ron and Dee were lovers?

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back