Motorhome Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I`m looking to build my own type of motorhome alarm .

The plan is to use about 16 car reversing sensor fix it the side skirts of the motorhome .
so this will detect people who approach the motorhome at night when im tuck up sleeping inside.

I will use the buzzer type without a lcd display

The buzzer will detect someone at a distance of 1.4m Then it will send a pulse signal to buzzer.what i want to do is wire the buzzer into a relay that will make the main headlights flash.at this stage.

Then as someone get closer say at 400mm the buzzer will make a constant signal which i want then a voice warning siren to come in again i assume via a relay.

The alarm will switch on/off by a remote control key fob

These system are available but cost about £700 so i thought i would give it a go myself.as they use the same equipment

The question i have is what type of relay do i need to be able to pick up the pulsing signal and make the headlights flash? is it simply a flashing relay?

Also what type of relay for the constant signal for the siren to come on

I think there is a one relay that detects the two signals ?

Thankyou for any replies

Sponsored Links
Your going to be popular in busy camping sites.
Be woken up in secluded places by wildlife.

If your that scared, book a hotel :D

Get one of these

killer-alsatian.jpg

and teach it to work a light switch.

Thanks i could book in to a hotel but i already do that when i go to trans alantic and it gets a bit borring four times a year so i like to travel for a couple of months in spain in my motorhome.

In spain the is a problem with motorhomes being broken into at night. What`s happening is they put narcotic gas in through the windows or exhaust pipe and then break in .

So a dog wont really help??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need a job to break the monotony of travel.

The plan is to use about 16 car reversing sensor fix it the side skirts of the motorhome

The sensor requires a micro-processor to converts it analogue signals into a digital value of distance. As I understand it the micro-processor module is behind the dashboard or in the vehicle's electronics pod leaving only a reasonably cheap and re-placeable sensor in the bodywork.

You would probably need another micro-processor to convert the distance to object into a "object found" signal.

As they "squeak" loud bursts of ultra-sonic sound they might upset any dogs or cats in nearby vehicles.

If I was having to detect intruders in the area around a mobile home I would use standard 12 volt 180° or 270° external PIR alarm sensors.

To protect against narcotic gas put into the vehicle I would use a gas detector inside the vehicle. The risk of that happening is significantly reduced by parking in recognised camping sites and not parking in a public lay-by. ( which I think is illegal in Spain )

When you buy the sensors they come with the processor.

I have learnt how to do it now.By using resistors within the relay circuit

The diy pir are no good as the range of detection is far too great also these will need to be outside to work and fixing them to the motorhome will be difficuilt.

The gas alarm is a good idea but it is an alarm as im being attacked .I just want an alarm that scares them off before an attack.

Which i have now managed to build

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back