Hotpoint WF540 non lcd model problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a problem with my hotpoint wf540 washing machine: Under a normal wash (f) the machine stopped working and the door locked led started flashing with the wash led on solid.

Turning the machine off then on after ten minutes and pushing the start/cancel button all that happens are all the leds light up apart from the door lock for 5 or so seconds they then go out, the wash led comes on solid a click is heard and a very very small amount of water is pumped at the soap tray. After this nothing then 10mins or so the door lock led starts flashing.

Things I have looked at so far include the door switch seems to be working as it will lock and not open, cleaned the plug and connectors. Removed the motor and checked the brushes which are worn but still look like they have another 5-10ml left is this not enough? Cleaned out the filter in the front lower right hand corner and checked the impeller is spinning free with no blockages.

Thanks in advance for any help
Johnny

Sponsored Links
Please help with this.
How do I check if the motor and brushes are ok on this machine? I have read that this may be the problem but I don't know how to check this, any help would be appreciated a lot.
Thanks Johnny

Take the out they should be at least 10 mm any less there history

Thanks Rocks I have taken the brushes out and there is about 12mm left sticking out from the copper and plastic sleeve, do think this is the problem or could it be something else??

Sponsored Links
Yes it gives the symptom of worn brushes , no water or spin and door locking and nothing happening

Thanks a lot Rocks1 I've ordered a set hopefully it sorts the problem out. Once again thanks

:cry: New brushes fitted but no joy still the same problem. Rocks1 do know of anything else that could be wrong???
Thanks

Try this pull the tube of the presure switch see if it fill with lots of water , also pull the block of wires off the presure see what happens , does this happen on all programmes or just f.

Thanks for the reply. Turned the machine off pulled the tube off, turned wm back on changed to k mode hit start still nothing. Tried same thing but pulled the plud to pressure switch still same.
Thanks

The only thing left now is either the button on the top pcb is loose and not making contact or the bottom pcb is goosed. Send it to emw for a test / exchange they wil tell you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back