Cast Iron Stack (Again).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will shortly be moving my bathroom into the next room along, leaving the current one intact until most of the work is done and waste connections need to be made ( less earache).

It is a 2 pipe system with a cast iron soil stack and waste water and rain water running into a hopper. The two pipes are about a foot apart and both run into the same drain. Soil is concreted in and waste water runs through a grid.

The new toilet soil pipe will approach the cast stack from the other side to the existing branch fitting. Is there any way I can replace the branch fitting to face the other way without removing the whole cast iron stack pipe. The cast pipe is on the outrigger of the house and runs all the way to the ridge of the outriggers roof ( the main part of the house has another floor than the outrigger )

Sponsored Links
piece a cake :LOL:

Look up timesaver then you will want a socket and a branch.

if you have trouble finding it I'll look it up.

Sponsored Links
Wooaaah diffigottaput poopupfrombackum. Poopdeck rigger isabote? Plummasinkydownglug? Okay maykraft. Maykum anglegrindit upaladda frroopipe guzzinit. Rolleyup endit likeuncut willyinnit. Drawbakabit wunnadees:
861658.jpg

Pointy compass fromcuminpoo way now, addit 180 goround stop. Fire. Newpoodownygo, stop earpain . But deepsorrow crosslegs indamidtime missyfret. Ohpoo no nopoowaitabit botty. Uppaladda wuntime wunadeesden:
861761.jpg

Spareone holeyoldway. Bungityup atwhenalldun. Missygunnasay sillybugga, leftypointit compass bothway. Yousay yessmissyeyeknowyoutoo datfor wunnadeesdays. Wunnadeesdays yougunnawonna gopooldway2. Goodplanninninit?

Unless there is a particular reason not to then the usual solution is to replace the pipe from and including the branch with plastic as thats easier to install and cheaper and any old builder can do it.

Because of the weight of C.I. parts its normally necessary to have scaffolding access. Some people will do plastic from a ladder although the latest safety requirements would outlaw this completely.

I say a nice replacement branch on the 5th floor a couple of days ago all nicely fitted in place with Fernco rubber couplings. A £200 job but it needed about £1300 of scaffolding to reach it.

Tony Glazier

Nail the hit head on have you.

It's the ball ache of going all the way to the top of the slate roof and cutting the CI into sections, then passing it back down piece by piece. If I can leave the CI in place and work with it it would be a much easier / cheaper solution.

Thanks guys.

I've just been and had a look at some timesaver stuff at the local merchants and it looks like just the ticket.

Case solved!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back