Carbon Film Underfloor Heating - Running Cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, The house I just bought doesn't have gas fired central heating system, and I think this is a good excuse to install UFH system. After doing some research, I find Carbon Film is cheaper/easier to install compare to other forms of UFH. However, I couldn't find any user reviews on how efficent they are, e.g. how long does it take to actually warm the floor up? How much does it cost to run the system? Is the house warm enough with only such UFH, or should normal gas fired central heating also be installed? Would you recommend Carbon Film to others?
I just wonder if anyone here who have Carbon film UFH installed can share their experiences? Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
heating your home with electricity costs approx twice as much as heating it with gas.

The figure will vary depending on how big your home is and how hot you like it, but the energy cost ratio stays the same.

Look up the energy cost per kWh if you want to check.

Its not possible to compare the costs of heating in the UAE with those in the UK.

Here we have to pay about 5p per unit of gas and 15 p or more per unit of electricity.

In the UAE the cost of electricity is either free to the nationals or only charged at a nominal rate.

m'a salam!

Edit: that was a reply to someone from the UAE posting offering to help on the topic. As fas as I recall his only sin was to quote his email address in the post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back