Alarm kits - need a recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a good alarm kit for a 3-bed semi + outbuilding. I'm not bothered about it being wired or wireless. It just needs to be a good brand, high quality and the bell box needs some discreet flashing LEDs to show that it is armed.

Essentially I need a 5-PIR system with one or two remote keypads and a couple of panic buttons. I don't need any contact or pressure switches.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
No contacts?
How you going to have it set and unset correctly?
Do you want it to dial out or text out?
How many users needed?
No internal sounders needed?
Nothing external on the outbuilding?

Time to think about what you need.
Then ask again, with the "not sures" being decided.

Sponsored Links
fine, I'l rethink

wireless is easier to install

I know alarm won't like me saying this but yale are decent and they call your mobile when activated
wired alarms: maybe a texecom veritas r8, excel or even premier with any speech dialler, texecom odyssey series bellbox (just pick your preferred shape) and preferrred pir's
may I also recommend getting door contacts for entry points.

Say what you like.

Contacts for doors was a good thing to say.

no, Why would I change my sheets? I'm not a 3 year old!
but since you are obviously a qualified engineer and you said that I had a good idea I was pleased

That was meant as a joke.

Sorry, I forgot a comment can be seen as something else in type rather than a verbal one.

And I do have some quals for this job, so thank you for mentioning.

Hello everybody,

I bought a wireless alarm last year and I am happy of it. Very clear for the installation step. I bought it in france. It contains several accessories like motion sensors, open door sensors, wireless siren with strobe, ... It is fully wireless and no problem to install it. It is wireless alarm Optium KA540 and for information I bought it on www.alarmania.fr. Also there is a dialer which can call several phones when there is an intrusion. I hope it is helpful for you !

Best regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back