help with sensor alarm doormats please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm doing a college project involving sensor mats at the moment, like the ones used in shop doorways?

One a bit like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/pressure-se...96481.html

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if it is possible to connect this system to a door bell or another system that will create a noise, any kind of sound, so that when someone steps on the pressure mat the doorbell (or any kind of noise maker) will go off? Basically I wanted my project to be people would walk around a room and they will walk on the pressure mats and different sounds would go off, is this possible?

Thanks so much for reading, Nick :) :D

Sponsored Links
It can be done. Pressure mats are normally open and when you step on it, it creates a closed circuit. You can even make you're own pressure mats.

A very simple circuit would have the mat,bell and the battery. If the current is too high for the mat you will need another device that can switch the higher current.

You will need to do some research about how to create this circuit, since its for a college project. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back