alarm wiring on panel changeover.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I am a spark but have never touched intruder alarms before.

Looking to replace panel at home (Optima XM) with a Accenta G4 panel and RKP. Have had a look at the current wiring (not planning to change this due to decor) and it is 6 core cable. I have not removed old cabling from its current position hence questions below.

Am I correct in thinking that 2 cores for PIR’s go to the 13V terminals; 2 cores are for detection of switching in the sensor and then 2 cores for the tamper (loop???)

There are currently 2 door contacts but only 1 pair of cores going to the 4th zone??!! Why? The other 3 zones seem to be for the PIR’s…

Other than the above is it a fairly straight forward swap over? And are there any tests that would be prudent to carry out? Ie continuity of tamper loop etc….

Also the SCB cable has 4 cores terminated: 2 are for positive/negative (D/B) and other 2 labelled T/A. What do these do and why no tamper or is ‘T’ the tamper?

Finally do I just run a 3pair cable from panel to RKP?

So many Qu’s sorry!! If anyone from the north east answers I will get you a pint sometime!

I was planning on ripping out the old panel and labelling up the cores and skimming over old position if possible this weekend so any help appreciated.

I thank you...

Sponsored Links
hi panel is the same all connections should be like for like apart from keypad is remote and yes 6 core for rkp doors are either wired up together or series together in panel as the xm6 had only one entry zone

Cheers Sparka,

Mucho apprecioni mate. Only downside is I will now feel obliged to spend tomorrow morning methodically marking and re-routing cables!

Buga....!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back