plastering a single wall approx costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a outside wall that as been ravaged by damp, would a plasterer require all of the crumbling wall chipping away prior to them replastering, and a rough guide as to cost wall size is 5mX2.5m thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a outside wall that as been ravaged by damp, would a plasterer require all of the crumbling wall chipping away prior to them replastering, and a rough guide as to cost wall size is 5mX2.5m thanks

Do you have in mind for this external wall - replacement of the render on the outside or replastering inside the house? Sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but I wasn't sure from your post.

sorry to have been a bit dim but it is an internal wall that work intails, the outside rendering is ok.

So is this an internal dividing wal or the inside of an external wall? Is the external wall solid brick? If so, I'm afraid it could involve rather more than just chipping away the crumbly bits & re-rendering/plastering. Where has the damp come from? is the wall still damp? You must cure the cause & prevent it reoccurring or there will be little point in re-rendering/plastering.

Sponsored Links
Yes Richard it is the inside of an external wall which is now dry but because the property was empty for a long while i presume that the damp occured some time ago, i think it could have been some kind of leak that caused the problem. which now seems to have cleared.

You will probably need at least a waterproof render on a solid external wall. As it’s an external wall you may also need to comply with Building Regulations with regards to changing/repairing a thermal element (the render/plaster) & removing more than 24% may require you upgrade the insulation; not a bad idea anyway but it may turn out to cost rather more than you had imagined. Are you having any other work done to the property which will involve LABC inspection?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back