Bosch wahing machine Precision WGF2420

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas why the fabric conditioner remains in tray? The problem has only started recently, there was no slow progression, just stopped passing into machine. Have cleaned the tray out and its housing.

Look forward to some ideas. Regards.

Hi Zipper,
Thanks, yes it's WFG2420. Cleaned the housing as suggested. I noticed there are 4 slots where, I guess, water enters the chamber and flushes the conditioner through. They were slightly blocked so I cleaned them out as well. Retried the machine but same results. Perhaps I could try back flushing these 4 holes with water from a hosepipe or will that cause problems further back through the system?

Regards.

Sponsored Links
Sure you don't mean WFG2420?
Take out the soap tray & give the compartment roof a good clean using hot water & a pan brush/old tooth brush, or similar.

Zipper, Thanks. Yes it's WFG 2420.
Cleaned the housing as suggested. I noticed there are 4 slots where, I guess,water enters the chamber and flushes the conditioner through. They were slightly blocked so I cleaned them out as well. Retried the machine but the same results. Perhaps I could back flush with water or air in case there is a blockage further back? Would this cause any problem elsewhere in the system?

Regards.

On this machine water flow into the pre-wash/wash/conditioner compartments works a little different than on some other washers. There are only two inlet valves. The supply hoses of the pre-wash and main wash valves are connected to the detergent dispenser. If both valves are actuated (as they should when taking in softener), the water jets hit each other and water flows into the middle fabric softener dispenser. I wonder if one of the inlet valves is stuck or defective? You could check the resistances to make sure one isn't O/C...or try hot-wiring them to check one isn't stuck...or observe water flow during a cycle with the drawer slightly open. When the machine starts to fill at the beginning of a cycle water flows only through the pre-wash tray for a few seconds (to fill the sump hose), then flow goes over to the main wash compartment. When the softener part comes around both valves should activate.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Zipper.
I followed the filling instructions you suggested (I don't have circuit tester and also don't know where the valves are sited).
Water flows in through the right chamber , quickly flushes the detergent, then flows through the left chamber (3 quick jets, a pause, then another jet).
I waited and watched. Eventually the active light started flashing and the machine stopped. The "book of words" says - possible blockage on input. I cancelled the programme and checked the inlet filters - apart from a slight discolouring in the cold inlet - no problem. Restarted the programme but same results, no softener used.
There is now an odour from the machine - sort of"musty" and getting stronger each time the machine is used, however clothes are clean. Have checked the drain and filter, clear.
Is it possible there is a programmer fault?
Regards,

Anything is possible.....
Take off the lid & follow the black pipes from the soap dispenser to the inlet valves. Check for broken wires/loose connector. If necessary change the inlet valves.....& cross your fingers it isn't the pcb :( http://www.buyspares.co.uk/search.pl?query=177286 Quote the full machine E-number when ordering spares. The bad smell from the washer comes from using low temp washes & "environmentally friendly detergents". An excellent breeding ground for bacteria. Run a couple of maintenance washes (without laundry) at 90C & pour a bottle of white vinegar in each wash. Do this once a month to keep it in good shape.
Bonne chance :D

Again, Thanks.

Have checked cables - all OK. The cold water inlet looks like 2 valves in one assembly and 2 pipes run into the detergent chamber. The hot runs via 1 valve into the chamber on the right (looking from rear). I propose changing the cold inlet valves and the 2 connection pipes. Do they come with the electrical connector on top already fitted? Had a look to see how the electrical connection is fixed - not sure if it's a pull off or is there a clip/snap connection?
I'll contact the address you gave me.
If the PCB is the problem I guess that's a pro job or new machine?!

Regards

Good Morning Zipper,
Thanks for the info on the place where I can get the parts. Have contacted them but they don't deliver to France. Some friends are coming over in June so they will bring them then. Will let you know how it goes.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back