Candy Grand O GO146

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Candy Grand O GO146, yesterday the mains power went off, when i restored the power, the washing machine was not working.

by process of elimination, i checked the fuse in the plug, by exchanging it with another working appliance. that was ok.

the power is not geting to the program or pc board, at least none of the led's are lighting up, which leads me to believe that either of those items could have poped.

Is there anybody out there that could shed some light on the subject? :(

Sponsored Links
Take off the lid & check if the mains suppressor has popped (at the rear right hand side where the mains cable enters the machine).

Thank you for your reply, I have removed cover, but the only way i have of checking if it has popped is either by:

connecting directly by-passing the surpressor or by means of multimeter which i can't find mine. is it safe to connect directly by-passing the surpressor?

The suppressor is only a filter, a washing machine will work perfectly well without one (but your TV picture might suffer). If you don't have a multimeter you could temporarily jumper it out to confirm if it is good or not. Usually they show visible signs of failure, but not always.

Sponsored Links
Hi Zipper,

This morning I tested the power flowing through the supressor and it is there. Any other idea that i may try before i dip into buying boards and other equipment?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
Joe

Check if there is 240v supply to the pcb. If no check the on/off switch & door interlock. If you have 240v at the pcb then it is likely shot.

Dear Zipper

I have removed the pc board and there is traces of black smoke attached to the board, as I have no means of testing the board, I'm assuming that it is the board that has gone.

I hope that the damage is not extended to any other part like the switch or the motor, if so I may as well buy a new machine, do you have any idea where I can get a refurbished board? I'm near Newcastle.

Thank you, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Best Regards.

Perfeito Moreira

Black soot like stuff is often found on PCB's it is dust attracted to certain parts of the board where it gets hot or has a high magnetic influence (ie transformers)

Well there was no way of my telling whether or not it was functioning, i noticed that the ribbon which feeds the LED's is connected to the pc board, since none of the LED's lit up, the possibility is that the board was dead.

I sent it off to the guys on the link you gave me, they seem to be the more accessible candidate, just in case I have to purchase a new machine.

There is another company I think up in Scotland that supplies new boards http://www.espares.co.uk/ they asked me for £80.25 plus postage, but as I say there is no surety that the machine will work. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
Perfeito Moreira

EWM will supply a recon board (or repair the original pcb) much cheaper than the cost of a new module. As Leccy says pcb's do attract carbon dust from motor brush wear & it is often confused with suspected thermal damage. Unless there is obvious component damage to the pcb it is often difficult to ascertain if the module is good or bad. But hopefully a recon board will solve your problem.

Hi Guys,

This morning i received a substitute pc board, i have installed it and set my machine to work. All seemed to be well, while washing. sometime along the program the 90' and the stain vanish led's were flashing 3 times and then off for a while, this repeats itself all the time.

This seems to be an obvious alarm, as the machine does nothing more than just that, it just does not go any further.

any ideas as to what this alarm might be?

Regards

Perfeito

F3 = drain timeout. Check for a clogged filter, something stuck in the pump impeller, drain hose kinked/blocked, or broken wire/loose contact in the drain circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back