Miele T640 Tumble Dryer Door Lock Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the door lock on my tumble dryer failed. I replaced it with one bought from the net, this one...
http://www.nettoparts.co.uk/shop/door-lock-miele-3520p.html
The part looked different but fitted the dryer fine and now the door lock works. Unfortunately the heating element now doesn't. The replacement part had the same provision for the 4 and 6 multi-pin connectors as the old lock, so I just plugged in the connectors as they were on the old lock.

I am wondering if this is a later part and for some reason the wiring has been switched round on one of the connectors.

Can anyone shed any light, before I take the thing apart again to investigate.

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
Had the original door switch shorted out? The pic looks like the right switch. The original Miele part number for the switch is 4217311. Post the machine number on the door sticker.

Thanks
I don't think the lock had burned out, it just wouldn't stay latched. The dryer functioned normally if you physically held the door closed.

The part I removed (which I binned in triumph aftert fitting the replacement and thinking all was well) was of a different design than the replacement - hence thining the new one may be a revised part.
The door plate says: "Nr 00/30783176" and also "Type HT 02-1".

I guess I need to pull it apart and check I have got the connectors properly inserted into the lock although I was preptty sure I had before I reassembled it.

Cheers and thanks for your help
Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back