candy cdi 1012/2 - Is changing the on/off switch an easy job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to replace the on/off switch on our candy cdi 1012 dishwasher as it no longer stays in to power up the machine. how much work needed to replace it myself? i am no electrician but it looks fairly simple to access the switch, am i right in thinking that after the power is switched off at the wall i remove all the posi screws around the circumference of the stainless steel panel to get to the switch assembly - there is a screw either side of the door catch in the centre , but do i need to remove them as well ? and when i get to the switch is it fairly easy to replace. ? the Mrs wants to get somebody in to do a "proper job" but i think i could tackle this one myself - any advice folks - many thanks - dave :D

Sponsored Links
You ought to be able to change the switch yourself no problem. To do this the control panel needs to be removed, normally you don't need to take out the two screws each side of the door lock. You may (or may not) have to remove the door facia as well, it depends which model you have. There are 5 - 6 versions of the cdi1012, the door sticker shows the full model number (which should look something similar to this cdi1012-80). When ordering spares you need to quote the full model number.

went down the pub last night to watch the swansea game - 4 pints later and a nice gammon eggs and chips meal, i decided to tackle the dish washer switch, we had been unable to use it for the last few days so it had started to smell !!!! got my screw driver out and the top 8 srews out from around the stainless steel panel, the panel came away very easy - i could eaisly access the switch assembly - i then noticed it wasn't a faulty switch but the cradle that the switch sits in - OMG what a poor idea - the switch sits in a small, thin plastic cradle which is not replaceable, it is part of the plastic back panel - it was so thin that constant pressing the on/off switch each time we used the washer (once a day for 18 months) weakned the switch holder - it was only a mm thick and impossible to glue back together - so obviously everytime i tried to switch the machine on, i was just pushing the switch through its holder giving me a symptom of a faulty switch !!! so to fix the problem i kept the same switch as that was ok and used a good quality buliders plastic super glue and stuck it back into what remained of its holder, i also put glue at the rear of the switch which makes contact with the plastic back panel and i also cut a small piece of wood beneath the switch so that any downward pressure when the switch was pushed on and off was being supported by the wood !!! all in all the job took half an hour and now works perfect. must be honest though what a very poor idea that CANDY have for a switch holder :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back