Yale wireless HSA3800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been having some rewiring done at home and had to have the electricity switched off. The alarm is flashing 'AC Failure'. The alarm is plugged into the wall, electricity is now restored.

I'm worried that the unit might be running on battery power alone and is not running from the socket.

Does anyone know how I can reset the alarm? The instruction book might as well be written in Japanese....do I need to disarm the tamper control and then somehow reset?

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the socket was not disconnected during the re-wire and in now dead ?

Plug something that you know works into that socket ( lamp or radio etc )

If that doesn't work in the socket then the socket is dead.

hello, thank you for this.

I was worried about removing the adaptor from the socket in case the alarm went off (I've no idea how the previous owner set it up and I'd read about the 'tamper' codes). Have no knowledge of wireless alarms.

I've spoken to my electrician. He says he had no need to touch that socket. However, the previous owner appears to have been a bit DIY enthusiast and I wouldn't have put it past him to do his own plug spur. Another socket blew a few nights ago and this could have blown the adaptor(?).

Spoken to Yale (extremely helpful). They have said to check the socket (now I know the alarm won't go off, I'll do this). Then to check the adaptor. If it's neither, I'll give Yale a call back.

Thanks for replying - I was in a bit of a panic last night thinking the alarm would keep going off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back