Baxi 105e intermittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above I get the flashing red light indicating 'fault on pump or low system pressure'. As finances are extremely tight at the moment i am just looking for an indication where the problem might lie, this has been going on for some time, i am just grateful we dont need the central heating at the moment. Some days it will work fine others it will not work, the lights flashing then next minute it is working again. I thought i could trick it into supplying hot water by selecting tap and central heating but that does not work either. This is now becoming more and more frequent and needs sorting, i am ready to bite the bullet but just need to prepare myself for the worst. If there is any advice and suggestions i would be most grateful.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just to confirm is this the DHW Pressure Differential Valve Diaphragm part of the Diverter Valve Assembly, diaphragm part no 248066.

It is the standard 105e, found it now in manual, page 36 fig.67 will find part no for it shortly thanks again for your help.

before you go looking for part numbers you need to watch it an see if it is reliable puching the switch when the pump is running.

Fixing boilers is all about diagnosing and not just changing parts! ( Unless you work for British gas )

Tony

Appreciate what you are saying and your comments are noted, but would not know where to start. I have no experience with this type of boiler, I have changed diaphragms etc on multipoints. Dont know where to look to see if it is pushing the switch when the pump is running, all i am looking for is a possible answer to the problem I have. The only suggestion I have had so far is the diaphragm, where I just need to find the part no. The only one I can find where it sits on top of the diverter is the Central Heating Pressure Differential Valve, is this correct? Does anybody know what the part no for this diaphragm is as I do not seem to be able to locate it anywhere. If again I am going down the wrong road then please let me know, thanks again.

Right I have changed the diaphragm, gland nut etc. The push rod is engaging the micro switch but nothing seems to be happening after that, should i be hearing the pump working, then the gas igniting, just need to know the sequence. Is there any thing else I can try to eliminate from probable causes, starting to think it is a pump problem but would like your views please, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back