Premier 24 Alarm Heeeeelp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wired in alarms before but I have not done EOL I think I understand it but can someone tell me if what I am doing is correct

I have PIR with jumpers which can be set for EOL resistance, which I have set. So do I now but one wire into the alarm circuit (if so which terminal) do I then place 1 wire into the tamper circuit (if so which terminal) and I intend to double pole the remaining 4 wires 2 for positive 2 for negative on the power supply.

Do I then place the Alarm wire and tamper wire into the respective zone on the control panel, and obviously the power cables into the power supply on the control panel

most zones will have just 1 PIR, 2 zones will have 2 PIR, and one zone will have 3 PIR do I wire the multi zones in series? and would the resistance be the same?

Safe Dave

Sponsored Links
depends on the PIR you are using.
also read the manual that comes with the PIR!
this will tell you how to move the junpers to which position(depending on the panel you are using)
simple really

all you have to do mate is read the instructions!

Oasis

most zones will have just 1 PIR, 2 zones will have 2 PIR, and one zone will have 3 PIR

Not a good idea no matter what sort of wiring you use.

Why, you ask?

Take the zone with 3xPIRs, you have 2x false alarms in 3 weeks.

Now which one of the 3 was it? No idea.

It might have been PIR 1 x twice
It might have been PIRs 1&3
It might have been PIRs 2&3
It might have been PIRs ..........
etc, etc

Get the idea, 1 detector each zone works best.

If your panel does not allow you to do this I would strongly suggest you look into the possibility of fitting a bigger one.

You know it makes sense.

Get the Expander and take your zones up to 24, that'll make life easier.

most zones will have just 1 PIR, 2 zones will have 2 PIR, and one zone will have 3 PIR

Not a good idea no matter what sort of wiring you use.

Why, you ask?

Take the zone with 3xPIRs, you have 2x false alarms in 3 weeks.

Now which one of the 3 was it? No idea.

It might have been PIR 1 x twice
It might have been PIRs 1&3
It might have been PIRs 2&3
It might have been PIRs ..........
etc, etc

Get the idea, 1 detector each zone works best.

If your panel does not allow you to do this I would strongly suggest you look into the possibility of fitting a bigger one.

You know it makes sense.

Agreed!!!

How many zones in total do you need??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help re PIR I have taken advice and purchased a zone expander and will be giving each PIR it's own zone.

On a separate note I have a Texecom Premier 24, with 2 remote keypads, I know how to wire these into the control panel / expander. The keypads have connections for zone 1 & zone 2 WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THESE?

Safe Dave

USE THEM IF YOU WANT.

In the big book of words it tells you all about the keypad zones.

Just bought one of these myself and ask a few q's regarding fitting.

The zones 1/2 on the keypad are extra zones that you can use if need be, giving you 4x extra zones if you have 2x keypads.

Apparently once connected you just use the keypad to allocate the zone numbers for the extra addons, so Zones 9&10 I presume.

Dont take what I'm saying in stone - As I say I'm new to this and have just fitted one, but have yet to fire it up and test it.

With EOL, I dont think it matters which terminal you use for Alarm and Tamper, just use one of each.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

"
With EOL, I dont think it matters which terminal you use for Alarm and Tamper, just use one of each."

Errr, try reading the manual.

you have to map the keypad zones you can choose anywhere from 1 to 24 on a premier 24 and so on. keypad zones can be used 4 wire or eol (connected to the outer two terminals e.g 1 and 4 ) for eol hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back