Drainage pipe leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I had to remove the drainage pipe from my washing machine in order to get hold of a sock which was preventing the drum to spin properly. Now the drainage pipe is leaking slightly from the clamp when the pump is pumping water out. I tried to tight it a lot, a bit and nothing seems to work. I cleaned the edge and I checked the rubber and everything seems to be OK. Is there any sealant or something I can use to stop this leak?

Sponsored Links
Have you used a jubilee clip they are normally better than the clips that hold it on.

Yes, I am using the jubilee clip which was originally on. I suspect the pipe is somehow distorted or something. I do not want to change the pipe unless I have tried other alternatives first

Sponsored Links
No I have not although I thought about it. I just though ptfe tape was meant to be used for threads only and the outlet of the washing machine is not.

Is there threads on the pump there normally is.

I assume you mean the rubber piece on the end of the waste pipe where it fits over the spigot on the pump is leaking?

Check the pipe is fully over the spigot and the clamp is fully down and not just catching the end of the spigot.

If you mean the sump hose then it can be a pain to seat it correctly on some machines, keep checking it is fully on all the way round before clamping and that it does not move when you tighten the clamp

Yes I meant the sump hose. Sorry If I have not describe it properly. It is really a pain to adjust it back as you say. I assume I will have to keep trying to fit it as you say making sure the hole hose is attached to the spigot. Would a bit of silicone around the spigot help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back