Engine warning light (Fuel)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Zaphira 1.6 petrol which I bought second hand. When I filled the tank up about a month ago, after a few miles my engine warning light came on, the one which says there is a problem with the fuel. This light randomly came on and off over the course of a few days and then remained off. I have filled the car up again today and after a couple of miles the engine light has come on again.

Could this be caused by some sort of contamination in the upper part of the petrol tank, which is getting mixed with the petrol when i fill it up ? :(

Sponsored Links
I too have heard of this issue - I've put it down to the ventilation pipe to the carbon canister being under fuel so when the engine tries to inhale, it can't.
Which may be more of my usual nonsense, of course! :p
John :)

I too have heard of this issue - I've put it down to the ventilation pipe to the carbon canister being under fuel so when the engine tries to inhale, it can't.
Which may be more of my usual nonsense, of course! :p
Sounds reasonably plausible nonsense, could well be true.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Does the engine management warning light also indicate an emission problem on the Zafira?

Heard about it in the past and seems a common problem.

Yes it does - often it refers to generic issues with the catalytic converter and / or lambda sensors. Often the light goes back out on its own accord.

Try no to fill the tank to the brim, and see how you go.

If anyone is interested, I have filled my tank to the brim a couple of times since I posted the original question, the engine light has not come on. I assume it must have been some form of contamination in the upper part of the fuel tank :)

Sponsored Links
Back