Bosch WFL2260 Active light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,
I've look all over the net and am not able to find an answer to this question, i've searched this sites post and found similar question, but with no resolution.
I recently had a new combi boiler installed which means the washing machine was moved to get access to pipes. After the machine was returned to it's location the machine stops mid cycle with a flashing Active light,and the door is openable after a short while.

I did all the troubleshooting methods found in the manual i.e. checking the hoses were alright/water turned on/and checking the strainer of which a bra wire was found. cleaned the strainer and tried again, same problem.
I set it to drain to see if anything would work and now the above still happens but only on a 60c wash or above, no water comes in to the machine at all on on a 30/40c wash setting.
Any help most appreciated

Ta
nilan01

Sponsored Links
below 60 most use mixed or cold fill, i would suggest you check the cold fill pipe (take it off and put it into a bucket, does water flow?) also cold fill valve connection, but m/c UN PLUGGED

I've had asimilar problem to nilan01 only two year too late for him. My Bosch WFL2260 would only fill at normal water flow rate when selecting programme with a 30°C setting any programme above that would only fill at a slow rate.

I tried the usualy things - clear any kinks in pipe - check filter in screw connections - try water supply in bucket. They were fine when I tried to start 40 °C cycle the water would trickle in.

Talked to Bosch about 'Service Manual' but they stated that I would have to use a service man !!!!

Bought a new double cold water fill solenoid from Bosch 'On line' (great service they just refuse to tell you how to fit the spare part they have just sold you ?) fitted it myself did not take long - tried it out and again trickle of water.

I was just about to boot wash into skip when I thought maybe the temp setting is significant. Found the diode thermocouple ( bttm of drum between heater element connection ) disconnected it. Tried cycle again and it worked fine - got a new thermocouple on order will let you know if its the cure.

As with nilan01 m/c went all perculular when I moved it earlier in week - thermo is a diode type maybe get sensitive to shock as they get older ?

PS if that does not work it can only be control module - if thats the case Bosch and I will part company.

Sponsored Links
OK,

The flashing active light had been bugging me for some time. After metering out all my hot and cold feeds, I ended up replacing the cold inlet valve as it was slightly down, in an attempt to remedy the problem. It did not resolve the issue, so that was £40 down the drain. :eek:

The machine stopped spinning one day, a classic symptom of needing new brushes. :idea:

Replaced the brushes (which is very simple by the way, took me 20 mins start to finish), and the active light is no-longer flashing and stopping the machine from finishing its cycle. JOB DONE! :D

The best thing about my solution, is that even if it doesn't work for you, the worst thing it will cost you is about £10 for new brushes and 1/2 and hour of your time. :cool:

Hope this helps anyone out there with a similar problem. Get your brushes off eBay, cheapest by far. If you need help in carrying out the job, drop me a line - its easy really. ;)

Cheers,

C_J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back