Yale or Respones wireless alarm??

yaleguy
you really do need to get to the bottom of it.
if you have an alarm system, monitored, irrespective of police notification (bells plus really)
it HAS to be under an agreement.

chase them and let us know how you get on.

also check your paperwork issued from the landlord / person who you pay the monies to, as to what you are really expected to maintain.

personally on my Southampton office, i have a full repairing lease, the only things i don't have to worry about is the structure, we do all the repairs that are needed, (not that we have to do anything it comes with all the mod cons you would expect for the type of property, and at a
good price per month!)

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Finally got to the bottom of it

The alarm company returned my email with a call today saying they didn't know who would be taking ownership of the system and that the council who own the property has said they did not want to be involved with it so it has finally fallen to me.
I have had a quote for a maintainance contract including the fire and emergency lighting systems.

however yet again tonight the alarm would not set and when my staff called the alarm company they said they did not know when an engineer would be able to look at the system, So now I have a building with no alarm and presumably no insurance , considering all the previous troubles I have had with this system false alarming and now it won't set do I really want to inherit this alarm and pay maintainance or do I contact the lead contractor and say the alarm is not up to scratch and fit for purpose and suggest he gets another alarm installed by another contractor.

I would have thought that under a maintenance agreement you would expect a call out within a reasonable amount of time, seems to me even though the company has given you a quote they don't want the work, if they did i would have thought they would respond, show some enthusiasm towards getting you on maintenance and sort the problem. I assume the company in question is registered with one of the inspectorates?

Yes i would call the main contractor, get it sorted, from the sounds of it you may as well not have an alarm fitted.

As for insurance, you will need to check the small print very carefully.

By the way, what equipment is fitted, the equipment may be up to the job, just not the install.

Hi Adrian.
Thanks for your input.
it's a Galaxy 264 panel. All wired no wireless with dualtech pirs and a keypad at the entry door.
Its is redcare (basic I presume not dualcom).
Its supposed to be a G3 systemwhich I don't doubt it is.

So far since installation it has false alarmed at least four times and now we cannot get it to set. The system is hybrid of new parts but utilising existing wiring.

A bit dissapointing as you say not to get any engineer response.

And very dissapointing to be sat here tonight not knowing whether intruders or vandals could break in tonight and I could end up uninsured and with a huge bill. We have informed the alarm company so does that mean they would be liable?
I have been chasing contract for weeks since we moved in on the 18th March , the fact we have no contract now could be irrelevant as the system is still under original installation warranty and it has failed tonight.

Sponsored Links
Hybrid?
To us that is wireless and hard wired. Please expand on that.
Nothing wrong with using existing wiring if tested.
4 false alarms, need to see the logs before you can say what is the cause.
It is G3.

What is the "Alert" showing when you scroll thru the menu. This will explain the non setting.

I have a Dimension user manual on PDF. How should I send it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back