Flush Mag contact EOL wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I'm need need of some advice.
After successfully installing a Texecom Veritas in my old place, i thoughts i'd give the Texecom Premier 24 ago in my new place.
I have to admit the EOL wiring is a little bit difficult yo get my head around, but i think i have sussed the connectivity for the PIRs and the PAs.

What i'm struggling with is the wiring for the door conntacts.
I have wodden french doors and i would like to install flush mag contacts, so to save me messing around with resistors, i found this:

http://www.e-fireandsecurity.co.uk/...iameter-brown-with-selectable-resistors/p3900

but as i have french doors i would like to have 2 conntacts hanging off a single zone.

Is this possible with the type of contact above?

Sponsored Links
Oh yes.

There is an actual diagram of what you require (& more) in the '24' manual.

Oh yes.

There is an actual diagram of what you require (& more) in the '24' manual.

Europlex, Thanks for your swift response.
There is a section on EOL wiring, but i have no idea how to map that to the EOL Flush Mag contacts i've seen, or even the plain old simple flush contacts.

Sups

You will find the contacts in the link are for SINGLE USE ONLY, not to be paired up.

The diagram in question is easy enough use two standard contacts.

Sponsored Links
could i use the simple 5/6 terminal flush contacts. . . .the ones that cost pence? Do I not need to add resistors? I'll be using eol wiring for the PIRs and the PAs.
Sorry if im coming up with numpty questions, I'm new to eol, but I'm trying hard to nail it.

Set up the zone as double pole and the others as EOL.
No reason not to your not going to get this signed off by an approved company are you.

Also easier for you to understand.

Alarm, thanks for your quick reply.

Correct, this is me doing it as I enjoy this sort of thing, I have no plan to get it certified.
Doing what you suggest would make life much easier. . Do I configure the zone to operate this way using the rkp?

Alarm,
Just went back to the 24 installation PDF and it does indeed show you how to change the wiring type for each Zone.

mate thanks!! your're a legend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back