Halstead Quattro-Overheat lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a Halstead Quattro combi, a couple of months ago the diverter valve went, so we had someone out to replace it, while he was there he also replaced the PCB because it wasn't firing up properly. Worked fine for a while, then last night, running the hot tap to wash up, the overheat lockout light came on. Pressing the reset button didn't fix it, turning it off overnight then trying again this morning didn't make a difference. Pressure was low so I topped it up with the feeder valve, still as soon as a hot tap is turned on, the red light comes on. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is there a reset button top left of the boiler?? Literature is on Halstead site.

No, but theres a hole and a label saying overheat reset button, without a button. Ill have a look inside and see if its been pushed in

Fixed. The Overheat reset button is just a long plastic bar, that feeds through a hole in the top and sits between 2 wires on top of a small button. The only thing holding it in place is the wire on either side of it. So I put it back and put a cable tie around it to hold it in place so it cant fall inside the boiler again. Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Can't beat good old British designed gear - designed on the back of an envelope in a tea break!

Bringing this thread back again...its done it again, but this time the red light comes on, I leave it to cool down overnight, press the reset button and turn it on, it fires up and works for about half a minute, then the red lights back on again. Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back