CCTV Dome Camera Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i have a few issues with 2 dome camera i have installed onto my system and wonder if anyone could offer some advice?

The problem is at night time the screen just goes all “foggy” and you cannot see at all, during the daytime they are very clear. When i take the outer domes of the picture is much improved.

They are good quality external cameras with built in infrared lighting,
I do live in a rural location with no street lights etc,

Here are the cameras i have
http://www.y3k.com/product.php?xProd=3854&jssCart=58bee99a69deb2fa043f1bc8b839edb9
http://www.y3k.com/product.php?xProd=1795&jssCart=58bee99a69deb2fa043f1bc8b839edb9

I feel the glare from the infrared is projecting back onto the domes??
Any thoughts

Sponsored Links
No misting in the daytime whatever the conditions?
My guess is no.

LED`s set inside same dome as lens = as you say reflections.

Send em back, get something with the leds in an outer ring, seperate to the lens.

No misting in the daytime whatever the conditions?
My guess is no.

LED`s set inside same dome as lens = as you say reflections.

Send em back, get something with the leds in an outer ring, seperate to the lens.

No misting in the daytime, i have another camera which is a Samsung non dome type, like you say with the leds around the outside and that is fine dunning the night time.

I just don’t get why make / sell a product that does not work :!: :rolleyes:

Sometimes the LEDS are too powerful ( but not generally) and can cause the reflection you see.
Try moving the dome and repositioning the lens slightly, or dont fuc about and get them changed to the samsung.

Sponsored Links
Glare/reflection.
either way, a pain in the a**e. and not always easy or possible to sort.
I don't use them anymore. Found the Twighlight Pro/Night Devil/Dynamic Pro to be a much better option.

If you want built in IR, make sure it is split lens, then you should have no problems with reflection.

I just don’t get why make / sell a product that does not work :!: :rolleyes:
They usually do work initially. But it requires a very good seal around the lens. Doesn't take long for the sun to do it's stuff in shrinking the packing/seal.

Glare/reflection.
either way, a pain in the a**e. and not always easy or possible to sort.
I don't use them anymore. Found the Twighlight Pro/Night Devil/Dynamic Pro to be a much better option.

If you want built in IR, make sure it is split lens, then you should have no problems with reflection.

Read up dufus :p

PS ( To Alluminuminni) my Risco rucksack got commandeered as soon as I was back home !!
All those emails coming for nothing!!!

Read up dufus :p

PS ( To Alluminuminni) my Risco rucksack got commandeered as soon as I was back home !!
All those emails coming for nothing!!!

Safety Harness and lanyards fit in mine perfectly. First bit of genuinely useful freebie in years.

Are they really this bad at night ??

That is extremely bad, no good for anything really. if you need ir then i would suggest a separate emitter to be used or some other lighting such as metal halide or cfl lighting.

below are some images of pro cams, so sometimes its not just a case of cheap cams, both had rubber seals to block the ir from the lense.

Honeywell hd73x

Vista IR mini vandal dome

Hi there thanks all for your replies.
Right been onto Y3K free support that you have to pay 10p per min to call :rolleyes: and kept on hold for 10 mins before i get to talk to the tech, cut a long story short they are going back to them for a credit.

So now onto where i can purchase some good quality normal cameras from ?

Anyone got any links to preferred web sites please
Thanks

Have a look at the nitedevil cameras from systemQ

It's trade only and you have to be registered to access the site, but just stick in any old details and you'll get full access.

Do a search for cam620

It doesn't come with a built in IR illuminator, but they usually don't need one. There are stand alone illuminators available on their website though should you need one.

http://www.systemq.com/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back